The M-Lok Plate is perfect for machinable stocks that need M-Lok accessory capability.
The machining required to install the M-Lok Plate is simple and straight forward. Included in the price is one M-Lok Plate and two wood screws.
- 5/8″ (0.625″) End Mill
- 1/2″ (0.500″) End Mill
- Milling Machine
- M-Lok Plate with wood screws (purchased from Grayboe)
- Designate a flat area on the stock to install M-Lok Plate. You will need at least 4.625″ of clearance in the X direction, .625″ in the Y direction and 0.325″ in the Z direction.
- Ensure your stock is leveled and straight along the line of travel in all axes on your machine.
- Use your 5/8″ End Mill and plunge (Z direction) .110″ deep into the surface of your stock.
- Run your cut a total of 4.625″ from end to end remembering that the total travel on the machine will be 4.625″ – ((0.625″/2)*2) = 4″.
- Use your 1/2″ End Mill to to plunge .325″ deep (.215″ if measured from previous cut depth). Your new cut should be inside your previous cut and centered in the Y direction. Start your plunge .625″ from the inside edge of your previous cut and continue in the X direction until you are .625″ from the opposite edge of your previous cut. The total length of this cut should be around 3.350″ (remember: 3.350″ – ((0.5″/2)*2) = 2.850″ total machine travel). This cut is to give the M-Lok tightening mechanism room to move.
- Take an M-Lok plate, place it inside your cut to ensure proper fitment. While your M-Lok plate is properly in place, mark on the stock the placement of the through holes at the ends of the M-lok plate.
- Use a drill bit that is slightly undersized of the M-Lok wood screw and drill pilot holes where you marked the stock.
- Ensure proper fitment of the M-Lok plate and screws.
- Paint or finish stock.
- Upon final assembly, place M-Lok plate in slot. Dab Locktite or similar onto your wood screws and screw the M-Lok plate into place. Let dry.